San Diego Poetry Guild

notes on guild, poetry, and San Diego

1.03.2005

Year-End/Begin Update

Two years ago, SDPG took off in heavy winds. Now, on the eve of anniversary-2, the skies have opened up with rain. And lots of it. Most know San Diego for its near-ubiquitous sunshine and mild climates, but take a trip out here in December or January, or in March and April when the spring storms hit, and you'll see a different and much wetter side of this "finest city."

The Guild is still a little wet behind the ears, but 2004 saw some quickening of the production/action pace. In January, we kicked off the new year with the first annual "Winter Showcase" and followed up a few months later with readings by Rodrigo Toscano and, most recently, Jen Dick and Stephen-Paul Martin. Over the summer we released issue #6 (theme: "silence") of Zazil2, the Guild's official newsletter. In November and December respectively, SDPG hosted a "Pre-Election Selection Rejection" reading and an "Open [up the] Mike"* action at the new Korova Coffee Bar in University Heights. We're still exploring the space and finding our groove, but both nights had some stellar moments and were met with much encouragement and a few well-placed suggestions.

There's still a lot to learn, we all agreed, in this ongoing effort to get the work/message out. This blog, which now boasts 175 discrete entries (most worth reading!), is just one means of pursuing that goal. I'll keep the torch burning in 2005 with more book reviews, blog field reports, image events, and other end-products of my ongoing Guild apprenticeship.

On tap for SDPG in 2005? First of all, three new issues of Zazil2 (#7-#9). Number 7, on "degradation" and/or vulgarity, is due out by the end of January. The plan at this point is to end the series with #9, do some kind of Guild-wrap in #10 (anthology, retrospective, best of, ...), and then return Zazil to the custody of its Factory School founders, where it will take on some new form as "Zazil3." Korova is also still a solid go, but we hope to forge some new alliances as well with the VozAlta Project here in town. There's been talk, too, of another Winter Showcase in early '05.

Collaboration, membership, and diversity (of people, form, and function) are key themes for the coming year. San Diego is no "hub" in the classical sense, though there are rumblings, and Tijuana abides. In short, while the geo-dynamic in So.Cal. often has the effect of scattering and separating people rather than bringing them together, we at SDPG plan to tap and redirect that energy for purposes of sustained group (e.g. syndicated) action. The fundamentals remain the same: Guild = association for mutual help, pleasure, pursuit of common goals. Poetry = (? + diversity of form and function). It's an exportable format, and we actively encourage and offer support for any looking to give it a try.

* Trademark pending

16 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Work From Home Center said:

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering starting a home based business
related stuff. Feel free to visit my starting a home based business
site.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Hoodia said:

Hi: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about San Diego downtown condos . Through this site you can view every San Diego mls listing offered for sale. Another new site is about San Diego vacation attractions Our third site is, guess what? Yes, also about San Diego. This site is an information site devoted to San Diego cosmetic surgery doctors. Needless to say, please stop by and visit our sites. Thanks Bob

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger GOOGPLEXMAN said:

Hey, I saw your blog and thought it was great. I thought you might want to look at some great Best Home Business
. There's a lot of buzz about the new Best Home Business
and maybe some of your readers will want to know. Best wishes to you.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Freddies Blog said:

Last month I made $12,124 with Google Adsense...Click
here for free on how you can do the same!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger clandis said:

Considering bank briana free video ? You'd do better by checking out Fee Free Bank .com . At least a $25 bonus for opening a new account, with bonuses as high as $1,500 ! You save more and get a higher interest rate to make YOUR money work for YOU.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger rbolgar said:

Hi,

I just across sites and found that your Blogs are amazing.
Check out money management

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Greg said:

http://fallbrook4u.combuilding a room addition and building a room addition Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on building a room addition then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about building a room addition and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://fallbrook4u.com building a room addition and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Rachel said:


general business service - Home Business Sales Mastery Audio Course

Are you ready to slam the door on your job for good?

What about setting your own hours?

How about being, doing and having everything you want from life?

What makes you any different from the folks you pass on the freeway driving those luxury cars?

Discover what the difference is by hearing the The Home Business Sales Mastery Course.

The Home Business Sales Mastery Course is written and developed by Paul Barrs. He authored the now famous Internet Marketing Mastery Course in addition to the Home Business Success Keys.

This brand new course takes you to an entire new level of learning. general business service

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Joe Berenguer said:

Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about to make money for.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
to make money for
I wish you all the best!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger James Baker said:

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
work from home business idea
It covers work from home business idea related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Scott A. Edwards said:

Hello I am the traffic man, zip, zip, zip. make a new resolution to get a flood of traffic to your website this year. Let me show you how to get FREE traffic to your site. Yes I said FREE, FREE, FREE!!! Don't delay.

To find out more, visit my marketing global online site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and marketing global online related stuff. Don't forget - FREE, FREE, FREE. You have nothing to lose!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Scott A. Edwards said:

New Blog Submission Software Takes Total Domination To A whole New Level, And Allows Complete Control Over Any Market and Any Product You Sell.--Renders All Other Marketing Methods Totally Useless by Comparison"
Click here: FREE DEMO

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger answer-man said:

Hello just stopped by to view your blog and to let all interested know I am offering free plumbing repair information and safety tips for California residents and all others interested. If you are not interested then please excuse us and please disregard this comment.

For Plumbing Press Release and Free Plumbing Repair Information please feel free and stop by and read and take advantage of our blog info or viist **A-Affordableplumbing.Com** Thank you and have a great day.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger p said:

http://www.idesirefreedom.com/serious home based business opportunity
***Hi, this is Paul. I found this great way of getting phone verified leads FREE.
Discover how you can use the same Million Dollar Recruiting System that I use at NO-CHARGE ,
for the first 30 days! Plus, get a FREE 23-Page Report Called:
?My Million Dollar MLM Recruiting System!?***

http://www.idesirefreedom.com/

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Scott A. Edwards said:

Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: extra income and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Scott A. Edwards said:

Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: low cost network marketing and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger